Full-body art piece of Khaos Fernwell. I created this piece to mainly get feel for where his patches of lighter skin would be and to get an idea of what type of clothes he might wear.
I love to read, though lately, I have been finding myself procrastinating online, more often than not still reading, only it is fan fiction. To overcome this, I decided to take upon a challenge to read 52 books in the calendar year. I counted everything, some books were required for school, others by choice.
The rules that I set for myself were really flexible, though I knew I wanted to have a basic system; it was a challenge after all. One of the main reasons for these guidelines was because I couldn’t count all the hours I spent reading fan fiction.
- The book must be published (no fan created works)
- Any manga that I read only counts as one. In other words, volumes within a series could not be counted as separate titles.
- I need to comprehend the complete storyline and understand the material. Books I do not complete can not be counted.
- Audio books are accepted. *
- Red Glove — Holly Black
- Shaman King — Hiroyuki Takei
- Still Waters — Ask Parsons
- The Lighthouse Land *— Adrian McKinty
- Peak — Roland Smith
- Black Heart — Holly Black
- How to Eat Fried Worms — Thomas Rockwell
- Lizard Radio — Pat Schmatz
- The Raven Boys — Maggie Stiefvater
- Fans of the Impossible Life — Kate Scelsa
- Survive The Night — Daniella Vega
- The Sorcerer’s Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter — Allan Zola Kronzek
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond* — Elizabeth George Speare
- A Legend of Wolf Song — George Stone
- Humans of New York — Brandon Stanton
- Pop Painting — Camilla d’Errico
- The Marvels — Brian Selznick
- The Dreamer — Pam Muñoz Ryan & illustrated by Peter Sís
- Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle — Rick Riordan
- Nimona — Noella Stevenson
- I Am Malala* — Malala Yousafzai (link to my reflection)
- Harry Potter and The Cursed Child — J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany
- Smithsonian Intimate Guide to the Cosmos — Dana Berry
- The One and Only Ivan — Katherine Applegate
- Hipster Animals: A Field Guide — Dyna Moe (see more on their Tumblr page)
- Animals Real and Imagined: The Fantasy of What Is and What Might Be — Terryl Whitlatch
- Robinson Crusoe* — Daniel Defoe
- Moby-Dick In Pictures: One Drawing for Every Page — Matt Kish
- Astronomy: 365 Days — Jerry T. Connell and Robert J. Nemiroff
- Walden — Henry David Thoreau